Garlic-Infused Olive Oil
This is one of our favourite uses for scapes! It’s a quick easy way to add a hint of garlic to any dish.
1) Cut scapes into 6 inch (15cm) lengths.
2) Place scapes in a clean one liter mason jar.
3) Fill the jar with olive oil. We use a good quality, organic oil, but that’s up to you. Ensure that scapes are completely submerged in oil. You risk the oil going rancid if scapes aren’t completely covered.
4) Screw a lid onto the jar and place in a dry, dark place. Allow oil to infuse for at least 2 weeks.
5) Use it anywhere you would olive oil and want a little punch of garlic.