Your Cart is Empty
There was an error with PayPalClick here to try again
Thank you for your business!You should be receiving an order confirmation from Paypal shortly.Exit Shopping Cart
Best Homemade Tomato Soup from Garden-Fresh Tomatoes
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion sliced
- Organic sea salt
- 2 lbs tomatoes (about 10 med tomatoes)
- 2-3 cloves garlic sliced
- 1 tbsp uncooked white rice – I used basmati rice (this is your thickening agent)
- a sprig of fresh thyme or basil or both
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 1 cup water
- another pinch of salt
- In a large pot, add 2 tbsp. butter, olive oil, onion and pinch of salt. Steam until soft (do not brown).
- While onions are steaming, wash and core your tomatoes.
- Add garlic to pot of onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, salt, rice, bay leaf and your fresh herbs to the pot of onions.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until your tomatoes are well-cooked and rice is tender.
- Add the last 3 ingredients (water, 1 tbsp. Butter, pinch salt) and cook until butter melts.
- Remove from heat and take out bay leaf and herb sprigs.
- Puree to your liking.
- Strain to remove seeds (optional…we don’t usually).